Sesame seared tofu
- Rice (follow the directions on the package)
- sesame seeds
- sesame oil
- fresh minced ginger
- grated carrots
- green onions
- bonita flakes
- soy sauce
- korean chili paste
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
- Start cooking your rice
- Tofu - cut tofu into desired size. Remove excess water by pressing tofu 'steaks' between a couple paper towels.
- Pour your sesame seeds on a plate and cover your tofu with sesame seeds.
- Sear in a hot pan with sesame oil and garlic.
Place over rice and top with desired toppings. I chose raw chopped ginger, grated carrots, green onions, bonito flakes, soy sauce, and korean chili paste.
I served this with a simple cucumber salad for a light but filling lunch.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.