Eggnog and Bourbon Cupcakes
- For the cupcakes:
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Bourbon Smoked Salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Bourbon Sugar
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- For the icing:
- 3 1/4 powdered sugar
- 2 sticks of butter softened
- 1/2 tsp Bourbon Vanilla Exact
- 3 TBS Eggnog
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 24mins
Cost Average budget
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, beat with an electric mixer all of the wet ingredients and sugar. Gradually combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Pour batter into cupcake liners. Bake for 24 minutes at 350.
For the icing:
With an electric mixer, combine all ingredients until the icing is fluffy. Add more sugar or eggnog if your icing is too thick or thin.
You'll also love
- MOMS HOMEMADE STUFFING 2.9/5 (6 Votes)
- Strawberry soup 2.9/5 (6 Votes)
- Strawberry soup 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Cream of Mushroom Chicken Pot Pie 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- ROBS CHILI 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Homemade Cinnamon and Peppermint... 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Bourbon Smoked Salt Plantains 2.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Summer thyme loaf cake 2.6/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe