Summer thyme loaf cake
- 1.5 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Bourbon Smoked Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp chopped, fresh thyme
- 2.5 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 good extra virgin olive oil
- confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a load pan with shortening and dust with flour, shake out excess. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl. In a small bowl, combine blackberries, thyme, and 2 TBS flour. In a large bowl, combine eggs, lemon zest, and Bourbon Smoked Sugar. Beat the egg mixture with an electric mixer. Add vanilla and milk. Gradually pour in olive oil.
Set the mixer on low and gradually mix in flour.
Fold in blackberries and thyme, try not to break the blackberries. Bake for about an hour (depends on how deep the loaf pan is). Dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
This recipe is adapted from a dinnervine recipe
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!