Homemade Cinnamon and Peppermint Hard Candy
These make a beautiful thoughtful gift around the holidays!!
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- Cinnamon oil
- Peppermint oil
- Red and green food coloring
- Candy thermometer
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a pot combine granulated sugar, water, and corn syrup. Gradually bring temperature to 300 degrees. Once temperature reaches 300, proceed to add whichever oil you desire careful to keep face away from pot, as the fumes are EXTREMELY strong and can be painful if inhaled. Next quickly add 3 to 5 drops of food coloring desired; stir to mix. Quickly pour mixture onto a greased cookie sheet pushing into the center with a wooden spoon for 2-3 minutes until thickened. Quickly cut with scissors into long strips, then 1" pieces. Drop into powdered sugar to coat.
Place into tins or colorful candy bags!
You'll also love
- Mint cake 2.5/5 (237 Votes)
- Melon Nanners Oh So Minty 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Candy Cane Cookies 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Jerusalem Artichoke Soup with Mint... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- after dinner mints 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Buttercrunch Popcorn 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- M & M- love of the life chocolate... 2.7/5 (6 Votes)
- The Best Chocolate Peanut Butter... 2.7/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.