- 1 1/2 sticks margarine
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 bag chocolate chips
Level of difficulty Difficult
Cost Budget Friendly
Cook on high, stirring frequently. Sometimes add up to 1 1/2 cups sugar. Pour on cookie sheet after it turns the color of a paper bag.
Let cool just a couple of minutes then pour chocolate chips on top of it. Let them melt and then spread them around with a fork. Let this cool in the fridge, then break into pieces.
Do not stir with a plastic spoon! It will melt.
You'll also love
- Buttercrunch Popcorn 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Bread machine Dinner rolls 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Frozen Strawberry Dessert 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Easy Soft and Chewy Cookies 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Marcia's White Chocolate Trail Mix 2.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken Patties 2.8/5 (29 Votes)
- Charlotte's Thumbprints 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Molasses Buns 2.8/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.