An amazing shortbread cookie.
- 1 C BUTTER, unsalted, softened
- 1C sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 to 2 1/2 C flour
- Preserves in your choice of flavor
- (I use strawberry)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Budget Friendly
Place butter & sugar in large bowl & cream together with your hands. Add egg yolks & cream together with your hands. Add vanilla & cream well with hands. Gradually add flour & mix well with hands.
Roll dough into small balls & place on ungreased cookie sheets about an inch apart. Put a "thumbprint" indentation in each ball. Preheat oven to 300*F. In each indent place a scant 1/4 tsp of preserves. Place pan in oven & bake for about 30 minutes till very lightly golden, not browned.
Remove from oven & place on racks to cool. Store in tins or airtight containers.
DO NOT USE A MIXER TO MAKE THESE. ITS SOMETHING ABOUT THE HEAT IN YOUR HANDS THAT MAKES THEM TURN OUT SO GOOD. Please use ONLY preserves & not jellies or jams.
You'll also love
- Raspberry Yoghurt Muffins 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Almond Butter Finger Cookies 2.8/5 (27 Votes)
- Pizza Sticks 2.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Baked stuffed Italian artichokes 2.8/5 (22 Votes)
- Christmas Treat: Easy Cookie... 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Savory Breakfast Casserole 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Lemonade 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Egg Casserole for Two 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.