Replica of Crawfish Monica served at Jazz Fest in New Orleans
- 1 lb. crawfish tails, boiled and peeled; OR
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled; OR
- 1 lb. lump crabmeat; OR
- 1 lb. oysters, drained and quartered.
- 1 stick of butter (Do not use margarine.)
- 1 pint of half-and-half
- 1 good-sized bunch green onions, chopped (tops, too)
- 3 - 10 cloves garlic, chopped (to your taste)
- Creole seasoning to taste (or 1 - 2 tbsp.)
- 1 lb. cooked fresh pasta (Dry pasta is all right if fresh is not available. Rotini is preferred, but use your favorite shape.)
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Cook pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain, then rinse under cool water. Drain again, thoroughly.
Melt the butter in a large pot and saute onions and garlic for 3 minutes. Add the seafood and saute for 2 minutes. Add the half-and-half, then add several big pinches of Creole seasoning, tasting before the next pinch until you think it's right. If you've boiled your own crawfish, save the fat and add it in as well.
Cook for 5 - 10 minutes over medium heat until the sauce thickens. Add the pasta and toss well. Let it sit for 10 minutes or so over very low heat, stirring often. Serve immediately, with lots of French bread and a nice dry white wine.