The best budget friendly seafood recipes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.
Top rated Budget friendly seafood recipes
Replica of Crawfish Monica served at Jazz Fest in New Orleans
- 1 lb. crawfish tails, boiled and peeled; OR
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled; OR
- 1 lb. lump crabmeat; OR
- 1 lb. oysters, drained and quartered.
- 1 stick of butter (Do not use margarine.)
- 1 pint of half-and-half
- 1 good-sized bunch green onions, chopped (tops, too)
- 3 - 10 cloves garlic, chopped (to your taste)
- Creole seasoning to taste (or 1 - 2 tbsp.)
- 1 lb. cooked fresh pasta (Dry pasta is all right if fresh is not available. Rotini is preferred, but use your favorite shape.)
By Laura_cookie du blog Délices Cookie's
Chop half the onion and shallots
- 10 oz frozen cocktail seafood (such as scallops, shrimp, squid)
- 3.5 oz smoked salmon
- 4 small carrots
- 1 tbsp white wine
- scant 1/2 cup light cream
- 2 tsp curry
- 1/2 onion
- 2 shallots
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Salt and pepper
Cold Seafood PlatterYUM!Food Porn
Cold Seafood Platter. Discover our recipe
- 2 pounds of various seafood of choice (prawns, salmon tuna etc)
- lemon to garnish
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1 bunch dill (or dried)