Spaghetti with Tuna Sauce
- 12 oz spaghetti
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 5.3 oz cans tuna (I use one packed in oil, one in water)
- 1 TB dried parsley
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 ladle of water from cooked pasta
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Bring 6 quarts of salted water to boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until soft, about 3 minutes. Add tuna and cook until warm, about 2 minutes. Add parsley and lemon juice.
Add one ladle full of water from the cooked pasta and stir. Drain pasta and add to skillet. Toss pasta and sauce for until sauce thickens and clings to pasta. Serve with optional parmesan cheese.
Optional additions: capers and/or kalamata olives.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This multi-colored Rainbow Shrimp Pasta is utterly delicious, and sure to impress when you serve it up!
- 2 oz red spaghetti
- 2 oz green spaghetti
- 2 cups shrimp
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- Boil the red and green spaghetti separately in salted water until al dente.
- Fry the shrimp in a pan with plenty of salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add 1/2 cup of cream cheese, and stir through until combined.
- Arrange the cooked spaghetti in an alternating pattern on a plate.
- Top with the creamy shrimp sauce
- Garnish, and serve!