Rice, beef, and tomatoes together in a fabulous dish.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups rice- uncooked
- 1 big can tomato sauce
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Season meat with preferred seasonings. Mix meat with enough rice so it still rolls into balls. Form into 1 1/2 inch meat balls. Brown in large skillet on all sides.
Add onions and remaining rice to skillet. Mix tomato sauce and 1/3 cup water together and pour into skillet. Add 1 can diced tomatoes. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
Simmer covered until rice is cooked, 20 to 25 minutes. Watch last 10 minutes to see if it needs more water.
You'll also love
- The Easiest Chicken Enchiladas 2.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Southwestern Shepard's Pie 2.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Better Than Sex Burger 2.4/5 (16 Votes)
- lasagna 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Turkey Swedish Meatballs 2.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Mom's Sloppy Joes 2.7/5 (35 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Barbecue Burgers 2.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Ragout de pate de Cochon 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.