By Irene Wanner
Easy sandwiches - good for a crowd
- 5 lb. chipped pressed ham
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Cup chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons Worchester sauce
- 1 Cup chopped celery
- 3 small bottles chili sauce
- 4 Tablespoons vinegar
- 3 bottles water
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Combine all agredients and simmer for 25 minutes. Serve on hard rolls.
You'll also love
- Mushroom, Tomato, and Mozzarella... 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Fried bologna sandwich 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Glazed Pork Loin 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Aunt Betty Lou's simple Barbeque... 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Southern Grilled Pork 4/5 (5 Votes)
- ham and cheese breakfast casserole 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pinto Bean and Ham 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pulled Pork on a Bun 2.8/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.