Cheesy Bacon Chicken Casserole
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 strips of quality bacon – cooked and crumbled
- 2 (10-ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 box (16 ounces) dried spiral pasta
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cook and crumble bacon. While bacon is cooking, cut chicken into bite-sized chunks. Set cooked bacon aside for later use. In the same pan, cook chicken in bacon drippings. Add garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
While chicken is cooking, prepare pasta according to directions. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 400.
Drain pasta, return to pot. Add chicken, both cans of cream of chicken soup, 1 cup of Monterrey Jack cheese – stir to mix well. Pour into prepared baking dish.
Top with crumbled bacon. Top with remaining cup of Monterrey Jack cheese.Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes, just until cheese is melted and beginning to brown on top.