Mum's Mega Muffins
The best morning muffins, courtesy of Mum. The classic is with chocolate chips or blueberries - but the more the berrier
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp bakign powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 mashed banana
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 375.
Mix all ingredients and bake for approximately 15 minutes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!