- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3 apples.
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Wash and dry apples then cut each one into 4 wedges, core and slice. Set aside. In a large bowl mix thoroughly flour, sugar, and three eggs. Line baking form with parchment, grease to prevent sticking. Put apples in the form then pour batter. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 35-40 minutes til brown and wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.