Ultimate brownies :)
- All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Cocoa powder – 1/3 cup
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Butter – 1/2 cup
- Eggs - 2
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
In another mixing bowl stir together butter, sugar and vanilla essence. Add eggs and beat with a balloon whisk till combined.
Add flour mixture in batches to this while mixing with a spoon until completely mixed.
Grease and 8x8 pan. Pour batter into pan.
Preheat oven at 180 C (350 F) and bake for 20 – 25 minutes. You can see the sides pulling away from the sides of the pan.
Cool completely before icing,.. Other wise enjoy them hot with a scoop of ice cold ice cream!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Two of your favorite desserts come together...in the most DELICIOUS of ways!
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Add the chocolate and butter to an oven-safe mixing bowl and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, and set the oven to preheat to 350°F. The mixture should now be a thin chocolate sauce.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Blend the ingredients together.
- Using a sifter, add the dry ingredients into the chocolate batter, then mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour half of the mixture into a foil-lined baking tin.
- Smooth out the batter, then top with a layer of Oreo cookies.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top and smooth evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!