This is a old but good, very simple candy !
- 1 white tater boiled tender in skin
- 1 1/2 boxes powdered sugar
- peanut butter
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Peel tater and mash through a sieve or in a way that creates no lumps.
Slowly add sugar while tater is still hot. Keep this up until you have a stiff dough.
Roll dough betwixt two sheets of wax paper to about 1/4" thickness.Spread with a layer of peanut butter and roll up like a jelly roll. Chill and slice.
You'll also love
- Quick fruit cobbler 2.3/5 (1 Votes)
- Chocolate Marshmallow Log 2.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Easy Fudge 2.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Sun-dried Tomato Basil Pesto 2.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ THAI CHILI SAUCE 1.7/5 (115 Votes)
- Oat Cookies 2.2/5 (4 Votes)
- Vegan Butternut Squash Dessert 2/5 (2 Votes)
- Coconut Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.