Grilled Chicken Caprese Sandwiches
A simple way to enjoy a slice of Italy. Or a sandwich of Italy, so to say.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- 2 large balls of fresh mozzarella
- 2 large tomatoes
- about a dozen large fresh basil leaves
- 5 long rolls, split
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Heat a grill or grill to high. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and grill until cooked through. Remove from grill and slice into strips about 1" wide. Place in a shallow dish and drizzle with about 2 - 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Toss to cover.
For each sandwich, open one of the rolls and top with a couple of the chicken tenders. Layer the tomato, mozzarella, and basil leaves on top. Drizzle the top roll with a little more balsamic vinegar and olive oil and then place on top of the sandwich. Slice in half and serve.
If on a tight budget, sliced mozzarella can be substituted for fresh mozzarella balls.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.