Butter Brickle Bars
- 1st Layer:
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2nd Layer:
- 6 oz. butterscotch chips
- 1/4 c. Karo syrup
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 c. chopped pecans
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Combine 1st layer ingredients until crumbly, press into 13x9 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 10 min.
Melt 2nd layer ingredients, sans pecans, over stove top. Add 2 cups chopped pecans after removing from heat. Spread over first layer as son as it comes out of the oven.
Bake 8 minutes more.
Cute while warm.
You'll also love
- Kids Favorite Butter Cookies 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Sausage Muffins 2.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Coconut Cake Frosting 2.4/5 (7 Votes)
- popcorn taco 2.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Moms 7 layer Dip 2.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Shrimp Cream Cheese Spread 2.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Chipper Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.