Cream Cheese Wontons
In Canada, you can't get cream cheese wontons like you can in the US. I missed having them since we moved to Canada so I came up with this recipe to make at home.
- 1 pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar, to taste
- 1 pkg wonton wrappers
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Combine all ingredients except wonton wrappers until smooth.
Fill wonton wrappers with 1 tsp of filling. Seal edges with warm water. Make sure they seal completely.
Deep fry 2 min both sides until golden and crispy. Serve with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce.
You'll also love
- Nutella Ravioli 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Crab Rangoon 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Fish Cutlets 2.4/5 (14 Votes)
- mexican dip 2.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Veggie "Chicken" salad 2.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Paleo Dill & Lemon Cauliflower Mash 2.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Butter Brickle Bars 2.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken Red Curry with Coconut Milk 2.4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!