Cream Cheese Wontons
In Canada, you can't get cream cheese wontons like you can in the US. I missed having them since we moved to Canada so I came up with this recipe to make at home.
- 1 pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar, to taste
- 1 pkg wonton wrappers
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Combine all ingredients except wonton wrappers until smooth.
Fill wonton wrappers with 1 tsp of filling. Seal edges with warm water. Make sure they seal completely.
Deep fry 2 min both sides until golden and crispy. Serve with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!