- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 (18 ounce) package cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375
Whisk together the egg, milk, and 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a bowl until smooth. Stir in the pancake mix until no dry lumps remain. Dip the cookies into the batter one at a time, and carefully place into the hot frying oil. Fry only 4 or 5 at a time to avoid overcrowding the deep fryer. Cook until the cookies are golden-brown, about 2 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate before serving.
You'll also love
- Whipped Shortbread Cookies 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers... 4.3/5 (54 Votes)
- oreo truffles 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Empanadas 4.2/5 (49 Votes)
- Cookies and Creme Rice Krispy 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- deep fried bacon pancake dippers 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Hot wings 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Fluffy Flapjacks 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.