Mom Mom Bird's Pot Pie
Real old handed down recipe
- cook Ham,beef or chicken
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 baking powder
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup water
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Stew meat,take out and cut into pieces
Put peeled and cut up potatoes in stew water and boil
Make dough-add all the rest ingredients into a dough
roll out on floured surface and cut into 2 inch squares
Add meat and dough back into pan
Cover and cook 20 min or until dough squares puff up and are tender.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!