Jerk Chicken and Pasta
- 4 skinless
- boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons jerk paste
- 1 (12 ounce) package uncooked egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon jerk paste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 limes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Rub each breast half with 1/2 teaspoon jerk paste, and place in a shallow dish. Cover, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Preheat the grill for high heat. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, cook the egg noodles 6 to 8 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill chicken 8 to 10 minutes on each side, until juices run clear.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and cook the garlic for one minute. Mix in the chicken stock, 1 tablespoon jerk paste, white wine, chopped cilantro, juice of 1 lime, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and stir in the heavy cream. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened, about 5 minutes. Do not allow it to boil.
Pour the cooked egg noodles into the saucepan, and toss with the cream sauce. Divide noodles onto 4 serving plates, and top with grilled chicken. Garnish each serving with a cilantro sprig and the juice of 1/4 lime.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.