- 2 cups flour, 1 tsp. salt, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 1/2 cup white sugar, 1 tsp. soda, 1 can (19oz.) crushed pineapple, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. Topping: 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup milk, 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla.
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Sift flour, sugar and soda in a bowl. Add the eggs, pineapple with juice, and salt. Mix thoroughly. Pour into a greased 13x9inch pan. Mix brown sugar and nuts. Sprinkle on top. Bake at 350 degrees f. for 25 to 30 minutes.
Melt butter and stir in sugar and milk. Cook over low heat and bring to a boil and boil for 10 minutes. Add vanilla. While cake is still hot pour topping over it. It will partially soak in the cake and look like an icing.
You'll also love
- Kesari 2.8/5 (17 Votes)
- Mom's shortbread 2.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Simple Chocolate Cake 2.8/5 (7 Votes)
- The Functional Hickory Nut 2.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Yogurt and Fruit 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Hawaiian Beef Casserole 2.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Bread Pudding 2.6/5 (34 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe