My Mothers Baked Beans
Bean, beans the magical fruit....you know the rest but they are sooooo.....good.
- 3 cans of beans in tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion halved and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1/2 to 1 pound of bacon
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a baking dish combine all ingredients except bacon.
Place slices of bacon on top of bean mixture overlapping slightly and filling the top.
Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour - maybe more.
They will be done when they aren't watery and the bacon is not rubbery.
I use Libby's beans in Canada but I think any bean will do as long as it isn't too runny out of the can.
You'll also love
- Spinach Quiche 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Liver Creole 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Apricot Chicken 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
- liver and onions 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
- BLT Dip 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Potato Patties 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Fiesta Chicken Crockpot Dinner 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We can't wait to serve these delicious cheesy bacon cups at our next brunch!
Review this recipe