Easy Teriyaki Pork Kabobs
- • Prepared Teriyaki sauce
- • 1 pork tenderloin
- about 1 lb
- cut into 1 in cubes
- • 16 medium fresh mushrooms
- • 2 large red onions
- cut into wedges
- • 8 cherry tomatoes
- • peppers
- • zucchini chunks
- • * mix and match your favorite vegetables
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
1. Gather your skewers together, either metal or wood. If you use wood, soak the skewers in water while you prepare the rest of the ingredients. (Soaking the skewers helps the meat and veggies from sticking to them.)
2. Preheat grill to medium.
3. Rinse and trim the mushrooms, if necessary. Otherwise, leave mushrooms whole.
4. Peel and cut onion into wedges.
5. Trim silver skin from pork tenderloin and discard. Slice tenderloin into bit sized pieces, about 1 in each.
6. Set aside half of the Teriyaki sauce for serving.
7. Thread the pork, mushrooms, onions and other veggies onto the skewers.
8. Grill the skewers over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes, or until pork is no longer pink.
9. Baste the skewers frequently with teriyaki sauce.
10. Put a grape tomato on the end of each skewer and grill for 1 to 2 minutes longer.
11. Test pork with a meat thermometer for doneness. The pork’s internal temperature should read about 165°F.
12. serve kabobs immediately with dipping sauce.
13. If you want a little bit of extra flavor, try soaking your wooden skewers in a combination of beef broth and soy sauce.