Smothered Pork Chops/Chicken Breasts
A somewhat simple entree good enough for company yet easy enough for a weeknight or Sunday dinner.
- 6 boneless porkchops or boneless
- skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tubes of round crackers
- crushed (like Ritz)
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 2 cans cream of chicken OR cream of mushroom soup
- 1 soup can of milk
- 1 envelope of G. Washington golden seasoning
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Rinse meat of your choice in cold water & pat dry with paper towels. Place eggs in a bowl deep enough to dip chops or chicken in. Place crushed crackers in a shallow bowl (I use a pie pan). Heat oil Iin a large skillet over medium heat. Prepare a 9x13 baking pan by spraying with nonstick spray.
Dip chops or chicken in egg, roll in crackers pressing so crumbs stick & brown in hot oil till just golden. Place browned meat in baking pan. Preheat oven to 350* F.
In large bowl whisk together soup, milk, G.W. & pepper. Pour soup over meat and place in hot oven. Bake about 30 minutes or until soup is golden brown & bubbly. Remove from oven & serve hot.
I serve this with mashed potatoes, a vegetable of choice & biscuits or dinner rolls. The soup makes a rich gravy for the potatoes. This recipe is easily doubled or tripled for large families or get-togethers.
You'll also love
- Creamy Mushroom Meatloaf 3.3/5 (243 Votes)
- Crock Pot Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork 2.9/5 (30 Votes)
- Mom's White Salmon Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Melvin's favorite Meatloaf 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tater Tot Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Delicious Oven Fried Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Onion Baked Pork Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- GG's Easy Chicken and Dumplings 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.