- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup margarine, or butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Level of difficulty Easy
Cooking time 17mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 24 mini-muffin cups.
Mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup margarine, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Stir in the milk, then mix in the baking powder and flour until just combined. Fill the prepared mini muffin cups about half full.
Bake in the preheated oven until the tops are lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
While muffins are baking, place 1/4 cup of melted margarine, or butter in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of sugar with the cinnamon. Remove muffins from their cups, dip each muffin in the melted margarine, or butter, and roll in the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Let cool and serve.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Easy Drop Biscuits 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Yummy Fast Apple Fritters 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Cheese and Onion Scrambled Eggs 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Bread Pudding 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Delicious Homemade Dinky Donuts 4/5 (115 Votes)
- Maw's Doughnuts 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Bananarama Nutty Muffins 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!