Easy Drop Biscuits
Quick, simple and tasty
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Cold Butter
- 1 - 2 Tbsp Parmesan or other Strong Cheese
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 Chopped Green Onion
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Combine first 3 dry ingredients, stir in chopped green onion and shredded cheese. Using pastry blender, cut in butter until evenly combined. Slowly add milk while mixing.
Drop by spoonful onto greased cookie sheet and bake in 450 degree oven for 13 - 15 minutes, depending on the size of the biscuit.
Enjoy with soup or stew, or warm with cherry jam as a treat. Add quality bacon bits with old cheddar for an easy breakfast.
Can be made in a food processor and doubles easily.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!