Laurel's Beer Bread
- 1 can beer 355 ml room temp
- Bread mix
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
Mix together bread mix adding cheese at the very end. Pour in the beer & pour batter into greased loaf pan.
Drizzle melted butter over top
Bake at 375 for 45-50 min.
Pour more butter over top & serve.
Add roasted garlic or sauteed onions
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!