Savory Creamcheese Zucchini FrenchToast
It's the savory version of french toast mixed with zucchini, onion and just the right seasoning. Perfectly melts in your mouth, creamy n crunchy at the same time - Simple, Elegant yet Delicious !
- 4 Large Organic Eggs – You may use any variety of eggs as per availability
- 4 Tbsp Fat Free Creamcheese – At room temperature – You may use any variety of Creamcheese
- 4 Tbsp Warm Water
- 2 Medium Zucchini – Thinly Grated – I’m grating it along with the peel
- 1 Small Onion – Thinly Grated – I’m using white onion
- you may use any variety
- 8 Slices of Brown Bread – You can use any variety & texture of bread
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil – You may use any flavorless oil of choice
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper Powder – As per taste
- Salt – As per taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Adapted from easycookinwithmolly.blogspot.com
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together until a frothy-creamy mixture is formed (2min).
Add Creamcheese, warm water and whisk for another minute or till the mixture is smooth with no lumps.
Now add zucchini, onion, salt and pepper to this mixture and gently mix everything together (Cause if you mix with a heavy hand or too much, it will make the eggs watery).
Heat a non-stick pan on high, add 1tbsp oil and wait till the pan is hot (about a min).
Now dip a slice of bread, coat it evenly on both sides and place it on the heated pan (I’m able to accommodate 3slices at a time in a large pan).
Now reduce the heat to low and let the pan side down slice cook evenly till its golden brown (takes about 1-2min – You may lift a corner of the slice to check if it’s golden brown).
After 2min, flip the slice, add ½ tbsp oil and let the other side cook till it’s golden brown.
Follow steps 5, 6 and 7 till all slices are cooked.
Serve Freshly made with cold coffee or your choice of beverage.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who do you know that would love these delicious baked egg and ham cups?