Basil Sweet Potato Bites
Whole grain pasta combined with an array of roasted vegetables and seasoned with a tasty balsamic vinegar dressing.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- cooking spray
- 1 and ½ cups roughly chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown)
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 15 large basil leaves roughly chopped
- smaller basil leaves to use for garnish, if desired
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
For the full recipe, please visit http://www.dizzybusyandhungry.com/basil-blue-cheese-sweet-potato-bites
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Did you know you can toast sweet potato slices... and it's absolutely delicious!
- Slice an avocado in half.
- In a bowl, combine avocado with half an onion (diced) and coriander.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and some salt, and mix.
- Cut a sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a toaster, making sure to toast both sides.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Enjoy!