Calling All Chocoholics: Ruby Chocolate Now Exists!
Introducing the all-natural, pink-colored chocolate that's taking the world by storm.
© Barry Callebaut
A FOURTH CHOCOLATE?
Milk, white, and dark. For the last several decades, those were our only choices when it came to naturally-colored sweets — until now. The Swiss chocolatiers at Barry Callebaut have just invented the ruby chocolate. Around the world, everyone is going gaga for its fruity flavor and rosy hue.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!