Recipe: Savory Stuffed Mediterranean Braid with Olive Oil, Ham and Veggies
The intense flavor of olive oil permeates both the dough and filling of this savory Mediterranean-style braid. Perfect for a party, a family get-together or your next potluck, it's sure to be a hit! Here's our easy step-by-step recipe.
© Silvia Santucci
Savory Stuffed Mediterranean Braid With Olive Oil, Prosciutto & Veggies
It might be tempting to buy ready-made dough for this recipe, but we promise it's worth it to make your own. The end results are deeply satisfying, and you'll love the mix of classic Mediterranean flavors.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!