5 Steps to Perfectly Cooked Rice
Sick of gooey, overcooked rice? Or are you always eating crunchy, undercooked rice? Make it a thing of the past, and become a rice cooking pro with these 5 easy steps.
© Getty Images
1) Prepare your rice
Some people say that you should wash your rice before you cook it, and some say that you should toast it in the pan with a bit of oil.
Washing your rice first removes some of the extra starch which allows it to cook easier, while toasting it achieves the same thing but adds a hint of a smoky flavor.
Either method works, you just have to choose which one is the right one for you.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Let your artistic side out with these easy Pollock-inspired smashed potatoes!
- Boil the desired amount of small potatoes until tender.
- Spread on a lined baking tray, flatten slightly using a cup or jar. Don't over-flatten them!
- Sprinkle liberally with shredded cheese and Parmesan.
- Top with bacon slices approximately the same size as the potatoes.
- Drizzle liberally with balsamic vinegar.
- Place in oven, under the grill for 15 min at 375°F until the cheese is melted and the bacon is crispy.