These Are the Oldest Candy Shops in America
Got a sweet tooth? These shops have got you covered!
© Getty Images
From golden tickets inside of chocolate bars to fluffy cotton candy and spiraled lollipops, candy has long captured our imaginations. After all, one of the most common ways to reminisce about childhood is unwrapping your favorite candy.
Many of the candy shops on this list have been open for close to a century or more, doing what they do best—bringing sugary confections to all of us.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.