How to make bread from scratch - 4 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: baker's yeast, sweet bread with yeast, yeast bread rolls
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Bread from scratch recipes
Jeff's Homemade Bread
- 1 package of yeast
- 2 1/4 Cups Water
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1/8 Cup Oil
- 6 1/4 Cups Flour
Bread Pick Up Lines
Food Joke: Bread Pick Up Lines - Did you miss yesterday's joke? Read it here!
Nutella Swirl Banana Bread
By kristascookin, A Handful of Everything
Homemade Banana Bread with a creamy Nutella Swirl and coconut for texture!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large bananas, or 3 small bananas mashed (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Nutella
5-INGREDIENT CHEESE BUNS
It's no secret: cheese and bread were made for each other. And this video shows you just how to combine the 2 in record time! See below for the full recipe.
Easily Adaptable Banana Bread Recipe
Yummy homemade banana bread that you can adapt to your own tastes and preferences, making this the perfect recipe f
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed overripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream (low-fat or regular) 125 mL
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp each of baking powder and baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or chocolate chips (optional)
Momma P’s Basic White Bread
This is probably the simplest homemade bread recipe out there
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 2 1/4c. warmed milk or milk/water mix (to babybath warm)
- 3T. butter/oleo
- 3T sugar
- 1T salt
- 5 to 6 cups flour (depends on weather, type of flour)
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!