Chilli and chocolate recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Did you know you can toast sweet potato slices... and it's absolutely delicious!
- Slice an avocado in half.
- In a bowl, combine avocado with half an onion (diced) and coriander.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and some salt, and mix.
- Cut a sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a toaster, making sure to toast both sides.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Enjoy!
Top rated Chilli and chocolate recipes
Dark Chocolate Chili
By Gitanjali Roche
Brown the onion in some olive oil in a Dutch oven
- For the chili:
- 500g ground beef
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 diced onion
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup of black beans
- 2 cups of red wine or dark/red beer
- Worcestershire sauce
- Cinnamon (just a pinch)
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Nutmeg (just a pinch
- freshly grated)
- Cocoa powder (1 tbsp) or 2 squares of bitter dark chocolate
- grated cheese
- preferably cheddar
- chopped spring onions
- chopped fresh coriander
- creme fraiche or sour cream
- diced avocado
By Savoryexperiments, Savory Experiments
While I'm sure everyone else is submitting desserts, I am submitting something savory, spicy even! My award winnin...
- 2 tablespoons light extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 white onions
- 7 garlic cloves
- minced or pressed
- 16 ounces hot Italian sausage (approximately 5 links)
- casings removed
- coarsely chopped
- 4 ounds ground beef (20/80 or leaner)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 7-ounce cans chopped green chili's
- 1 13-ounce can red kidney beans
- rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes (regular or chili style)
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 cup oyster crackers (optional)
- Crispy Corn Fritters