Puerto rico - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Puerto rico recipes
Juicy flavorful cube steak with a tangy gravy and sliced onions, perfect over white rice
- 2 pounds beef steak
- cubed or thinly sliced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- dash dried oregano leaves
- 2 large white onions
- sliced in rings
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2-3 tsp. Adobo
Alcapurrias are delicious Puerto Rican fritters
- 5 white yautias
- 3 green plantains or 6 small guineitos (green bananas)
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 packet of Sazón with achiote
- 1 tablespoon of melted cooled shortening
- 1 lg bowl salted water
- 2 lbs pork (ground or cubed)
- 1/2.ounces of tocino (salt pork)
- 1 ounce of jamón de cocinar (cooking ham)
- 2 tablespoons of Sofrito
- 1/2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 packets of Sazon with achiote
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4.teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 cup pimento stuffed olives (chopped)