Tomato Basil Tartare on a Bed of Mozzarella
By Mélanie GREPILLAT
The Gourmandize Team
Tomato Basil Tartare on a Bed of Mozzarella. Discover our recipe.
Rate this recipe 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 buffalo mozzarella
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- fresh basil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut tomatoes and dice remove all the juice. Place the diced tomatoes in a bowl with oil, vinegar and basil, finely chopped. Add salt and pepper and mix. Cover the bowl and let stand 4 hours in refrigerator.
Cut a thin slice of mozzarella and then cut it in a circle with a food plating ring.
Keep the slice of mozzarella in the bottom of the circle, then fill with tomato tartar sauce drained.
You'll also love
- Lemon Cheesecake 4.2/5 (68 Votes)
- Super Easy Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms 4.3/5 (68 Votes)
- Puff pastry with asparagus 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Crispy Stuffed Mushrooms with Crab 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Crock Pot Mozzarella Steak Pasta 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Crispy Zucchini Potato Cakes
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!
Review this recipe
What a beautiful starter!
Commented by Lingonberrylane