Tomato Basil Tartare on a Bed of Mozzarella
By Mélanie GREPILLAT
Tomato Basil Tartare on a Bed of Mozzarella. Discover our recipe.
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 buffalo mozzarella
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- fresh basil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut tomatoes and dice remove all the juice. Place the diced tomatoes in a bowl with oil, vinegar and basil, finely chopped. Add salt and pepper and mix. Cover the bowl and let stand 4 hours in refrigerator.
Cut a thin slice of mozzarella and then cut it in a circle with a food plating ring.
Keep the slice of mozzarella in the bottom of the circle, then fill with tomato tartar sauce drained.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!