- 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 all purpose flour
- 2 cups okra- chopped 1/4 inch piece
- 2 TBS Bourbon Smoked Salt
- 1 TBS Bourbon Smoked Pepper
- Peanut Oil
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Mx flour, cornmeal, Bourbon Smoked Salt, and Bourbon Smoked Pepper together in a large bowl. Put the okra pieces in the bowl, and make sure the okra is completely covered. Fry the okra in peanut oil on med-high for 1 minute. Put the okra on a paper towel to drain.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ bacon wrapped asparagus 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Icing 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Buttermilk Biscuits 3.9/5 (53 Votes)
- Southern Fried Chicken with Corn... 4.1/5 (39 Votes)
- Sorghum Fried Cornbread 2.8/5 (183 Votes)
- Healthy Chicken Salad 3.3/5 (101 Votes)
- Bourbon Blood Orange 3.9/5 (36 Votes)
- Mom & Pop's Creole Gumbo 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Run out of chips for the party ? Fry some pasta! Guaranteed success!
CRISPY FRIED PASTA DIPPERS
Cook bow-tie pasta for 8 minutes. Combine grated Parmesan with garlic, and Italian and curry spices.
Fry the pasta for two minutes on each side and mix into the cheese and spice combination.