Derby Pie Cookies
- 1 c butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 c Bourbon Vanilla Sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 3 c oats
- 2 tsp Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 16 oz chocolate chunks
- 1 c chopped pecans
- Click this link to explore all of Bourbon Barrel Food's exciting products: Bourbon Barrel Foods
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 350. In a mixing bowl, mix softened butter until it is fluffy. Add in sugar and eggs, and mix this for about a minute. Add in flour, salt, vanilla, and baking soda. Mix with a wooden spoon instead of an electric mixer. Lastly, add in chocolate chunks and pecans and continue to mix by hand.
Dollop 2 inches of batter 2-3 inches apart (these cookies spread out).
Bake for 15-20 minutes on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Let sit for 3-5 minutes before you try to take them off the baking sheet.
You'll also love
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookies 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Fried Drumsticks 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Pecan Pumpkin Roll 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pecan Bake 4.2/5 (8 Votes)
- Bourbon Smoked Salt and Pepper... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- The ultimate best Baked Chicken 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Nana's Chicken Dumpling Soup 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Unbaked Chocolate Cookies 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe