Peanut Butter Flax Pancakes
These are pretty similar to my Flaxseed Protein Pancake recipe, but they have an addition of peanut flour & no added whey protein. They have a nice peanut-y flavor & puff up quite nicely. The peanut flour gives a boost of protein & deliciousness, PLUS, they're low-carb.
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 tbsp of Bob’s Red Mill Flaxseed Meal
- 8-9 drops liquid stevia (or other sweetener – I use the English Toffee flavor)
- 1 tbsp peanut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp melted peanut butter (for topping)
- 1 serving fresh strawberries (or fruit of choice for topping)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 2mins
Cost Average budget
Heat a non-stick pan or griddle coated with some non-stick spray to medium heat.
In a medium bowl or mixing cup, combine 4 egg whites & stevia. Whisk together.
Add flaxseed meal to the egg & whisk well.
Whisk in a tbsp of peanut flour.
Add the baking powder & whisk… it will be lumpy. Set aside for at least a minute.
Wash & chop fresh fruit & get PB ready for topping, if desired. Set aside.
Whisk egg & flaxseed mixture together again (it will be quite fluffy by now), then pour on griddle. Flip when it starts to bubble slightly.
Once pancakes are done, stack them on the plate, then top with the fresh fruit & drizzle some warm PB (or syrup) on top.
You'll also love
- Peanut Butter Pear Pie 2.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Matzah Brei 2.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Biscuit Casserole 2.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Potatoe surpirse 3/5 (35 Votes)
- Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough 2.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Pancakes stuffed with sausage and... 2.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Whole Wheat Sour Cream Pancakes 2.5/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who do you know that would love these delicious baked egg and ham cups?