Angel Hair Shrimp Scampi
I've made shrimp scampi in the past with different variations, but this version was put together on the fly with some ingredients I had lying around the kitchen.
- 10 - 15 shrimp - thawed, uncooked, peeled and devained
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 3/4 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- half lemon
- 1/2 box of angel hair pasta
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Heat olive oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add thawed shrimp and sear on one side for 1 minute. Add garlic and onion and stir frequently so the garlic doesn't burn. Sprinkle a small amount of salt and pepper, and squeeze the lemon into the skillet. The shrimp should be sizzling in the olive oil and lemon juice at this point and the onions will start to soften.
At 5 minutes turn shrimp over and continue stirring all the ingredients in the skillet.
At the 5 minute mark add the pasta to boiling water and cook 4 minutes for a perfect al dente angel hair pasta.
Once you strain the pasta you can add it to the skillet with the shrimp and simmer for 1 more minute.
Serve and sprinkle grated cheese over pasta.
I just ate it like this but some basil would have added some nice flavor and color. Add what you want.
You'll also love
- Grandma's Custard 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Simple Peanut Butter Cookies 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Adam and Jen's Pasta Sauce 2.9/5 (23 Votes)
- Frogmore Stew 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Spaghetti carbonara sauce 2.7/5 (14 Votes)
- fried shrimp 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Rigatoni with Chicken and... 2.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken Parmesan with Farfalle 2.6/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
- Shrimp (already cooked)
Slice pepper and place slices in the toaster
Mix Tzatzíki and shrimp
Spread the mix onto the toasted pepper