Freezer-Friendly Apple Pie Filling
"When I have apples galore at my house. I always turn it into apple pie filling, so I can have it handy in the freezer at a moment's notice!"
- 2/3 cup white flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, or to taste
- 6 to 6 1/2 cups peeled and thinly sliced apples
- Pie tin
- plastic wrap and foil
- 1 gallon freezer bag
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Place first first 3 ingredients into a bowl and stir.
Add apples and toss until well mixed.
Line a pie plate with tin foil and plastic wrap. Add the apple mixture. Freeze until sold. Remove from tin. Wrap tightly and store in freezer.
Put frozen pie filling into crust lined pie dish.
Using 5 tbsps of cut up cold butter, dot the filling. Put top crust on, flute the edges, and sprinkle top with cinnamon and sugar. Line edges with foil to prevent the pie from burning. Bake pie at 350F for 1hr/1h 15, until inside is hot and bubbling. I would put it on a baking sheet to avoid a big mess. Take foil off for the last 25 minutes to brown the crust.
I froze these in a pie dish so I can just take the filling and put it into a pie shell. You can also do these in a freezer bag, make many at the same time & freeze them by laying them flat in your freezer. If you do them this way, make sure to thaw them before baking.
You'll also love
- angel salad 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Dad's Peanut Butter Fudge 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Awesomest Pumpkin Pie Ever 4.2/5 (35 Votes)
- Middle Eastern Beef Tangine 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Tortilla Pie 4.1/5 (122 Votes)
- Cinnamon apple slices 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Apple Tart 4/5 (160 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.
Review this recipe