Homemade Reese’s Eggs
- 3 Cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine melted
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1-2 Bags milk chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons shortening
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Budget Friendly
Beat together powdered sugar, peanut butter, and butter together. At this point the dough will be crumbly. Add two tablespoons of milk and continue to beat together until the dough softens. If the dough still seems crumbly that is ok.
On a floured surface, roll the dough out to desired thickness. About 1/2 thickness. You can use egg cookie cutters or with a knife, shape the dough to look like eggs.
Place eggs on a cookie sheet and put in the freezer for an hour.
When you are ready to dip them, add the chocolate and 1 Tbsp shortening in a microwave and melt 30 seconds at a time. Stirring it after every 30 seconds and being careful not to cook the chocolate to burn.
Dip each egg in chocolate. I used a spoon to help cover in the chocolate. Place them on wax paper to set.
6. If more chocolate is needed, melt the second bag with the shortening. Enjoy!
*Makes approx 20 eggs
You'll also love
- Giant Peanut Butter and Chocolate... 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Chocolate covered mix nuts 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Simply Perfect Peanut Butter Fudge 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Thai Peanut Turkey Burger 3.6/5 (67 Votes)
- Homemade Cream Potatoes 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Chocolate 4/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!