Walnut Crescent Cookies
Melt in your mouth walnut cookies perfect with a cup of tea
- 1/2 lb butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- powdered sugar for dusting
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cream butter and sugar together.
Add vanilla, nuts, and slowly work in flour.
Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Shape dough into small crescents, place on parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden at edges.
Roll cookies in powdered sugar while still warm to coat.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1444 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1138 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (941 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge 4.4/5 (363 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Five Minute Fudge 3.9/5 (214 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn 6 steps to chocolaty Oreo PARADISE 4.6/5 (89 Votes)
- Shortbread Cookies 4.1/5 (108 Votes)
- Banana Nut Bread 4.7/5 (41 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.