- 2 packages of smoked hotdogs
- 1 small jar of pickling spice
- Equal parts vinegar and water
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cut the ends of the hotdogs and place in a large sauce pan with the whole jar of pickling spice, cover with water. Bring to a boil, let simmer for 30 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes in pan with liquid. Drain hotdogs leaving some of the spices on them. Place in to a large jar, fill with equal parts water and vinegar. Cover and let sit for at least 24 hours.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.