Healthy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2/3 cup plus 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar (brown sugar or sucanat will also work)
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts (or walnuts)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 to 5 tbsp milk of choice
- as needed
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 380 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients and mix very well. Add wet, and form into a big ball. Now make little balls from the big one. For soft cookies, refrigerate until cold (otherwise, just bake right away). Bake 7 minutes, or until they’ve spread out and look just a little undercooked. Remove from oven when they’re still a little undercooked, then it’s important to let cookies cool at least 10 minutes before trying to remove from tray, as they’ll continue to cook while cooling.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.