Red Velvet Cake
Rate this recipe 3/5 (7 Votes)
- 5 C AP
- 3 C Sugar
- 2 t Baking Soda
- 2 t Salt
- 2 t Cocoa Powder
- 3 Vegetable Oil
- 2 C Buttermilk
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Oz Red Food Coloring
- 2 t White Vinegar
- 2 t Vanilla Extract
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Liquid Levain Method
You'll also love
- Creep Crawly Cupcakes 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Green Eggs and Ham 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Party nibbles 3/5 (14 Votes)
- Shae's Pineapple Upside Down Cake 3/5 (12 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Shake 3/5 (3 Votes)
- Grammy's Ruby Cake 3/5 (2 Votes)
- Cucumber sandwiches 3/5 (16 Votes)
- Spicy Hot Cocoa Mix 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Rustic Cherry Tart
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!
Review this recipe