- 1/2 gallon whole milk
- 1 12-oz. bag Premium Dark Cocoa Candy Melts or semisweet chocolate chips
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat the milk over medium-low heat; don't let it boil. Add about ¼ cup of the Candy Melts or semisweet chocolate chips to each of 8 mugs and fill them with the hot milk. Stir.
There's something enchanting for kids about watching hot milk turn into hot chocolate before their eyes. Instead of spoons, offer cinnamon sticks or candy canes for stirring.
You'll also love
- Candy Cane Fudge 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Banana and Chocolate Crumble 3.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Buttermilk Chocolate Scones 3.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Brownies 3.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Mango Porridge for babies 18... 3.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Nanaimo Squares 3.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Luscious Slush Punch 3.6/5 (108 Votes)
- Asian Cream Soda Drink 3.6/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!